The Perfect Mashed potato
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
400g peeled Royal Blue potato, sliced into 1cm-thick discs
10g sea salt flakes
½ cup (125ml) milk
70g unsalted cold butter, diced
1. Run potato discs under cold water for 5 minutes or until the water runs clear. Drain potatoes and place in a saucepan with salt and water.
2. Place saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when tested with a knife. Drain well, then return potatoes to pan and cover with a lid to allow potatoes to steam dry.
3. Meanwhile, gently heat milk in a small saucepan over low heat to about 60?C. Keep warm until needed.
4. In small batches, push potato through a drum or fine sieve, continually scraping potato from the underside.
5. Transfer potato to a clean saucepan, then using a spatula, gradually add butter in stages until well combined.
Add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time to bring the mixture together and as needed, whisking if necessary. Season to taste with salt.