Enter Our Prize Draw To Win An Exclusive Ancestry Experience With The Secrets In My Family
Unlock your past and inspire your future with the chance to win an Ancestry Experience from AncestryDNA.
The prize draw is open from 6th November 2017 to 11th December 2017.
AncestryDNA is a revolutionary way to discover more about yourself, helping to reveal your own genetic ethnicity going back 1000 years and connecting you with family you may never have known existed from across the world.
With one simple saliva sample, AncestryDNA uses advanced DNA technology to help reveal a person's genetic ethnicity and identify DNA matches from a network of over six million people, offering a new perspective on the world we live in and helping to fill in vital gaps in your family tree.
What could you win?
Enter now for your chance to win an exclusive Ancestry experience to help you discover the story of your ethnic heritage and find out more about where you came from. You might even find some new relatives!
The first prize is an AncestryDNA testing kit, a personal session with an ancestry genealogist to help delve into your family tree, and a 12 month Worldwide subscription to Ancestry.co.uk.
10 runners up will win an AncestryDNA testing kit and a 12 month Worldwide subscription to Ancestry.co.uk to help.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND WHO TO CONTACT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES OR ISSUES WITH THE COMPETITION. IF THESE TERMS CONFLICT WITH THE GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS THEN THESE TERMS WILL APPLY.
1. NAME OF PRIZE DRAW: Secrets In My Family On Air Prize draw (the “Giveaway”).
2. METHOD OF ENTRY & COMPETITION QUESTION: To enter you must answer the following question on the W website at https://w.uktv.co.uk/ (the “Website”). You will need to register free of charge, on the Website and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Where do you get your DNA from?
a) Your parents
c) The supermarket
The Competition is open from Monday 6th November 2017 at 21.00 to Monday 11th December 2017 at 23.59 inclusive (the “Prize draw period”).
3. SPECIFIC RESTRICTIONS: All entrants must be over 18 years of age at the date of entry and resident in the UK. Multiple entries will count as a single entry. Employees of UKTV and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Prize draw. Any entries received outside of the giveaway Period (for whatever reason) will be invalid. UKTV accepts no liability for any invalid, incomplete entries or entries not received by UKTV. No ‘bots’ or similar automated third-party software will be allowed and use of such software will be grounds for immediate disqualification. Any alternative entrants will be selected according to these terms and conditions.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected at random by a closed computer generated system after the end of the Competition Period from all correct and eligible entries received during the Competition Period. The Winners will be the first correct entries to be selected at random at the end of the Competition Period from all correct and eligible entries received.
Any entries received outside of this Competition Period (for whatever reason) will be invalid. UKTV will have the final overall decision over winner selection and this decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
If you are a winner, we will notify you by email (which you will provide us with on the Website when applying to the Competition) within Seven days of the competition closing date. Winners must claim their prize by successfully responding to our notification within Fourteen days. If you do not respond within the stated time period, you may forfeit your prize and alternative winners may be selected in accordance with the winner selection procedure set out above.
5. PRIZE: There will be eleven prize winners (the “Winners”).
The First Winner to be selected at random will receive the following:
i) 3 1/2-hour telephone consultation with a professional genealogist
ii) Official Ancestry DNA Kit which contains full instructions on taking the test, sending the sample for testing and accessing the results online
iii) One year Ancestry Worldwide Subscription (the “Subscription”). Winners will receive login details for their free 12-month worldwide subscription. The subscription will be activated from the date of registration and the free offer will expire 12 months from that date. Ancestry’s full terms and conditions will apply where relevant which can be found at http://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/legal/termsandconditions.
(the “First Prize”)
The 10 runners up will all receive an Official Ancestry DNA Kit and one year Ancestry Worldwide subscription (the “Second Prize”).
The First Prize and the Second Prize are together the “Prize”.
The Winners will be awarded at our discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of an entrant. No alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable & non-exchangeable.
However, we reserve the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond our control or to offer an alternative of similar value. Nothing in these terms and conditions in any way limits UKTV’s (or any other person or organisation’s) liability for fraud, or death or personal injury caused by negligence. It is your responsibility and to assess whether the prize is suitable for you and to read any instructions or manuals associated with the Prize.
Entrants will be notified via email that they have won, the email will instruct the Winner how to redeem their Prize. The Winner of the Prize will receive an email within 7 days from the end of the Competition Period, the “Prize Message”).
The Winners should respond within 14 days to the Prize Message. Failure to respond to the Prize Message within the timeline stipulated may result in the Prize being forfeited and an alternate Winner being selected. The Prize will be posted to the Winner within 28 days of response to the Prize Message.
The Winners of the Prize must adhere to Ancestry terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/legal/termsandconditions), rules and regulations.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS:
No alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable & non-exchangeable.
However, we reserve the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond our control or to offer an alternative of similar value. Nothing in these terms and conditions in any way limits UKTV’s (or any other person or organisation’s) liability for fraud, or death or personal injury caused by negligence.
It is your responsibility to assess whether the prizes are suitable for you and to read and comply with any safety notices or instruction manuals delivered with any Prize.
Entrants will be required to provide proof of identification and/or age before claiming the Prize. Please allow Seven days for delivery or instructions on how to redeem your Prize from the date you successfully claim your Prize. We won't be liable if any prize fails to reach you or you cannot take it for reasons beyond our control, or if any prize is damaged during delivery.
7. METHOD OF ENTRY: Entry is free of charge via the Website. All entrants must have the Internet service or mobile device bill payer’s permission prior to entering.
8. PUBLICITY: Entry to the Competition gives UKTV the right, without separate consent or compensation, to publicise any Winners’ names and counties and to make further use of these in printed publications and on the Internet solely for administering this Competition in accordance with applicable law.
9. PROMOTER AND PRIZE PROVIDER: These competitions are offered to you by UKTV Media Limited (“UKTV”). ‘Our registered office is at 10 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP and our company registration number is 04266373.
10. PRIZE PROVIDER: Ancestry Information Operations Unlimited Company of 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland shall deliver the Prize.
11. GOVERNING LAW: These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
12. For all queries or issues with this competition please use the following contact details: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Post: UKTV Viewers, 10 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP Phone: 0203 752 7727